grow your faith as a busy Christian mom
Practical Resources For Your Spiritual Growth
I am an affiliate for some of the resources below, and will earn a small commission if you purchase through my link. Read my full Disclosure Policy.
FREE Christian Journaling Prompts
Printable Prayer Templates (3-Pack)
Finding Your Identity In Christ: Devotional Workbook
FREE 45-Day Bible and Prayer Guide
The Hope Planner
3 Core Elements For Christian Spiritual Growth
Reading the Bible is essential for your spiritual growth. Hear from God and build your faith. Grab a freebie to help.
Talking to God is a key part of building intimacy with the Lord. Grab a prayer journaling sheet to go deeper.
Family, church, and friends are key for growing your faith. Every relationship matters to God and to you. Find more for family relationships here.
Grab More Resources For Faith
More Areas Of Christian Family Life:
Christians are people who know, love, and follow Jesus Christ. There are many denominations around the world, but a few core beliefs for all Christians.
- There is one eternal God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (2 Corinthians 13:14)
- All people have sinned and are saved only by faith in Jesus Christ. (Romans 3:22-23)
- Jesus will return, and his followers will enjoy living with him forever. (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17)
- Believers live their lives for he good of others, helping those in need. (1 John 3:16-18)
- Christians share the gospel and disciple others to help everyone know and follow Jesus. (Matthew 28:18-20)
Like everyone, Christian moms have seasons of growth and seasons that feel more dry. But your daily habits and regular rhythms of life impact your faith. Spiritual growth is an ongoing process.
- Read the Bible every day and seek to understand God’s Word.
- Pray regularly, including confession, praise, thanksgiving, and requests.
- Gather with other believers to read the Bible, pray, and share life together.
- Join a local Bible-believing church and engage in their programs and events.
- Ask questions and seek biblical answers.
Every Christian marriage is blessed by prayer! Any prayer that is led by Scripture is worthwhile. And remember, the Lord looks at the intentions of your heart, not the words you stumble over.
Want a few specific areas to pray through?
- Pray for God’s wisdom and help.
- Pray for your husband.
- Pray for your own spiritual growth.
- Pray through Ephesians 5, Colossians 3, and other Scriptures that are specific to marriage.
- Pray for your intimacy, communication, and emotional connection.
As you grow in your faith, you will live more and more as God wants you to. This will change your family dynamics and impact everyone around you. Some ways that you will grow include:
- Greater peace, joy, patience, kindness, and gentleness. (Galatians 5:22-23)
- More compassion, humility, forgiveness, and love. (Colossians 3:13-14)
- Your love will be more trusting, hopeful, and protective. (1 Corinthians 13)
Prayers should include confession to God of ways you have sinned, thanksgiving to God for the good gifts He has given, praise of who He is, and requests for the things you need.
For yourself, you can start by praying for God to work in your life in the areas that are feeling most urgent or troublesome. Pray for greater patience, deeper faith, and a more Christ-like character.
Praying for others is an important thing that Christians do. In fact, the Bible has many great examples of how to pray for others. Alongside praying for the issues that are important today, pray through these Scriptures as a starting place for the people you love.
- Ephesians 1:15-23
- Philippians 1:9-11
- Ephesians 2:14-21
- Colossians 1:9-14