learning to manage emotions well
Practical Resources For Emotional Control
I am an affiliate for some of the resources below, and will earn a small commission if you purchase through my link. Read my full Disclosure Policy.
3 Common Emotional Struggles
If you’re struggling with mom anger, it’s worth focusing on your negative thinking, increasing self care, and practicing ways to calm down quickly. Find tips here.
Sadness and depression can be overwhelming. Your thoughts have a big impact, and God wants to encourage you. He has a plan and a purpose for you. Here are 4 things a Christian mom can do when she’s feeling sad.
When anxiety spikes, our thoughts can spiral out of control. God tells us not to worry but to trust him. Here are some practical tips to help.
Grab More Resources For Managing Emotions
More Areas Of Christian Family Life:
We all deal with many different emotions, and they can definitely be overwhelming! Sometimes, this is because they come on so fast and strong. Other times, we lack ideas or resources for how to manage big emotions well.
If you are stressed, lonely, tired, or even hungry – many life situations can make our emotions even harder to deal with.
As soon as you notice that burst of anger, start with a pause. Take a moment. When we continue to talk or argue after we’re getting upset, conflict escalates quickly.
Some ideas to help in this quick moment include:
- Take a few slow, deep breaths
- Look around the room and focus on something beautiful or unusual
- Stretch or do a few quick jumping jacks to get some energy out
- Identify several things you are thankful for right now
Emotions have a big impact on how we think, act, and treat people. And these are key pieces to Christian family life!
If you notice that you’re struggling with an emotion of some kind, pay attention to a few things that might impact your family relationships:
- What are you thinking about?
- How is this emotion impacting your tone of voice and body language with your family?
- Is this emotion changing how you communicate with other people?
- Are you reacting to people differently because of this emotion?
When you notice an impact, do something about it.