enjoy a happy Christian marriage
Practical, Christ-Centered Resources For Your Christian Marriage
I am an affiliate for some of the resources below, and will earn a small commission if you purchase through my link. Read my full Disclosure Policy.
FREE e-book to boost family relationships
Have More Fun In The Bedroom
My go-to resources are the online courses from Bare Marriage. Practical, research-based, Christ-centered help so that you can have more fun in the bedroom.
Communicating To Connect: A 40-Day Devotional For Christian Wives
FREE Checklist For Conflict Resolution
Keep Your Cool, Mama! A 40-Day Devotional On Anger & Emotional Control
3 Building Blocks For Your Christian Marriage
God designed you to enjoy intimacy in marriage: physical, emotional, and spiritual. Investing time and energy in your physical, emotional, and spiritual intimacy will bless your Christian marriage.
Communication can be complicated and confusing, but it can also bring great connection. Building healthy communication skills will help you enjoy the ins and outs of marriage.
God has a plan for your life, your family, and your marriage. As you grow closer to the Lord individually and as a couple, you will enjoy a stronger and more meaningful marriage.
More Areas Of Christian Family Life:
A godly marriage starts with a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Every Christian marriage should include Bible reading, prayer, family worship, and discussion of spiritual matters. But you can start all on your own and start building a more godly marriage.
- Prayer: confess your own sins, pray for your husband, pray for your marriage
- Seek the Holy Spirit’s help in living according to God’s design
- Work on managing your emotions well so you can connect
- Practice healthy communication in your marriage and your home
As you grow closer to Christ, you will become more and more a godly wife. Start by reading the Bible, praying for God’s wisdom and help as a wife, and having conversations with your husband about your marriage (even if that’s awkward!)
Every Christian marriage is blessed by prayer! Any prayer that is led by Scripture is worthwhile. And remember, the Lord looks at the intentions of your heart, not the words you stumble over.
Want a few specific areas to pray through?
- Pray for God’s wisdom and help.
- Pray for your husband.
- Pray for your own spiritual growth.
- Pray through Ephesians 5, Colossians 3, and other Scriptures that are specific to marriage.
- Pray for your intimacy, communication, and emotional connection.
The 3 Scriptures that I would start with include:
- Ephesians 5:21-33
- Colossians 3:1-19
- the Old Testament book Song of Solomon (sometimes called Song of Songs).
If you’re unhappy in your marriage, don’t just give up. Even if it’s only you who is changing and trying, it can make a big difference.
- Pray for God’s help, in helping you and in working in your husband’s heart
- Seek help from your pastor, a marriage counselor, or a wise friend
- Try the resources on this page, or look through my freebies to see what might help you take a small step forward
- Start a gratitude list and try to find 1 specific thing every day that makes you happy in your marriage
- Trust that God uses ALL things for your good and his glory (Romans 8:28)
Marriage is a centerpiece of the Christian family. At the very beginning of Creation, God created Adam, then Eve, and He sent them out to “be fruitful and multiply” (Genesis 2). The family unit began with a healthy, godly marriage.
If you’re struggling in your marriage, it is unlikely that you will fully enjoy your home life, your parenting, or other aspects of family life. Marriage matters! It does not define you, but it is a huge part of who you are.