Today, I’m sharing ONE change to your morning routine that I believe will change the rest of your day.
It’s not a magic wand, it’s not a miracle cure, but it is powerful.
As I have made this change in my own morning routine, I have found myself to feel happier and have a better attitude throughout the day. It lowers stress and anxiety. It even blesses your relationship, helping your marriage and building connection with your kids.
Whatever your morning currently looks like – whether it’s intentional and well-planned or you can’t have a conversation before you have your coffee – this change is realistic, simple, and meaningful.
Sound appealing? Of course it does!
So join me in today’s episode to find out what this change is and why I think it’s so helpful.
Listen to Episode 14:
Snag your FREEBIE!
Sometimes, life gets stuck on autopilot. Our relationships are important to us, but they get a little… boring.
If you want to bring back the fulfillment and intimacy in your most important relationships, this is your change. Sign up today for the Relationship Reset FREE 5-Day Email Course!
P.S. … If you find today’s episode helpful, you may find my Recommended Resources for Self-Care and Identity helpful also.
Episode Show Notes
There is one change in your morning routine that I believe will change the rest of your day.
Yes, there are probably other changes that would also bless and enrich your day! But let’s just start with one. It’s a powerful one, and I’ve seen the difference it has made in my own life.
(But really, you’ll get a lot more from listening to the whole episode!)
The one change is: No technology until after you’ve had genuine connection with someone you love.
Don’t start with the phone. Ignore social media, email, news, and the weather. Close the laptop. Keep the TV off.
No technology until after you’ve had genuine connection with someone you love.
That might be God (with a devotional time), yourself (maybe with a workout), or with your family.
Here are a few reasons why this change is so powerful:
- It starts your day with relational connection – which makes it much easier and more likely for connection to happen throughout the rest of the day.
- It shows your people (God, yourself, family) that they are the top priority in your life. Not your phone. Not social media. The people are your priority.
- Instead of starting your day with stress, loneliness, anxiety, or discontentment (all likely emotions that stem from our technology use), you start with a meaningful relationship.
Give it a try tomorrow, my friend. No tech. Just genuine connection.
- Make sure you SUBSCRIBE to the podcast in your favorite player! Don’t miss a thing, sister.
- Spend any time on social media? Connect with me on Facebook and Instagram!
- Email me anytime at Jessica@loveyourpeoplewell.com
Don’t forget to sign up for the Relationship Reset FREE 5-Day Email Course!
And if you found today’s episode helpful, you may also want to check out my Recommended Resources for Self-Care and Identity.
As a disclaimer: I am a licensed therapist but this podcast is not therapy. It is not personal advice to your specific situation. If you believe professional counseling may be helpful for you in this season of life, you may find this article on the Love Your People Well website helpful.