Who do you see every day? Who sees you at your best… and your worst?
Drum roll please…
Your family. Your husband. Kids. Mom. Dad. Sibings. Grandparents. In-Laws.
The people you grew up with and the people you live with today are the people we have the deepest and longest-lasting relationships with. Today, we’re digging into WHAT it means to love our family well and WHY that is important in our day to day lives.
This episode continues in our mini-series looking at the four pillars of this podcast. Loving our family well is probably what you naturally think about when you hear the title: “Love your people well.” Who are your people? Your family!
As you listen to today’s episode, please keep one important thing in mind: No family is perfect. You did not grow up in a family that perfectly met your needs. Your family today undoubtedly falls short at times on always showing kindness, patience, respect, and affection in every interaction.
Listen to Episode 7:
Snag your FREEBIE!
Do you want more fulfillment and satisfaction in your family relationships? Of course you do. We all do!
So check out the Relationship Reset FREE 5-Day Email Course today. Deepen and grow those most important relationships!
P.S. … if today’s episode is helpful for you, you may find it helpful to check out my recommended resources in three key areas:
Episode Show Notes
Today, we dig into WHAT it means to love our family well and WHY that matters in our everyday lives.
(But really, you’ll get so much more from listening to the whole episode!)
WHAT it means to love our family well:
- It means we do our best to meet each other’s needs: our physical needs (food, shelter), our need to belong and be accepted, and our emotional need for respect, affection, and kindness.
- It means we submit to one another and sacrifice for one another (see Ephesians 5:21).
- It means we intentionally teach our kids about God (see Deuteronomy 6).
WHY is it important to love our family well?
- It gives us a sense of purpose to live into God’s design for our lives – living in relationship with one another; helping one another.
- It creates a more peaceful and enjoyable home life, because these are the people who see us at our best and worst.
- It is a way we are obedient to God.
Check out the Relationship Reset FREE 5-Day Email Course if you are looking for greater satisfaction and fulfillment in your family relationships!
- Make sure you SUBSCRIBE to the podcast in your favorite player! Don’t miss a thing, sister.
- Spend any time on social media? Connect with me on Facebook and Instagram!
- Email me anytime at Jessica@loveyourpeoplewell.com
Don’t forget to sign up for the Relationship Reset FREE 5-Day Email Course!
As a disclaimer: I am a licensed therapist but this podcast is not therapy. It is not personal advice to your specific situation. If you believe professional counseling may be helpful for you in this season of life, you may find this article on the Love Your People Well website helpful.